Friends of the Salisbury Public Library - Meeting Minutes
June 27, 2016
Meeting called to order: 5:00 p.m.
Attendees: John Doucette, Terry Kyrios, Danielle Phillips, Pam Shaw
Minutes of the last meeting were approved.
Treasurers report was accepted.
New library update:
- Working on punch list and repairs needed after pipe burst; spackling and baseboards in kitchen.
- Pillar problem out back has been identified and will be repaired.
- Landscape work looking for volunteers. Lisa spoke with custodian, senior tax abatement program.
- Mulch from town. We just need to figure out how to transport it here.
- John and Pam volunteered to weed by front door.
- Board of Library very impressed.
- Martha Dane art event - 36 people attended. Cheese, crackers, water, wine and fruit were served.
- River cruise August 12 from 7 – 10 p.m. We have 148 tickets to sell. No food available this time, but drinks will be for
sale. The Chamber of Commerce has a cruise the following Thursday. They are providing a catered dinner and tickets are
$35 each. We have posted on our website and Facebook page. Last year we provided a $25 tip for bus person and paid $325
for the DJ. Nancy Sweeney is higher, but she is adding lights. Her price is $450. We have 2 whale watch tickets and the lobsters
for raffles. We will also do a 50/50 raffle again.
- Haunted History of New England $300 to do a presentation. Hoping to book for an October night.
- Earning about $100/month from Book Nook. $600 to date since January.
- Membership month - 81 reminder postcards sent, We will pull raffle ticket for raffle ‘Taste of Salisbury. Dianne was able to
secure $100 in gift certificates from different Salisbury eateries. Members who sign up from events March and later will not
need to renew until next year. Karen MacInnis has purchased three chair carts for the meeting room. We will reimburse her.
- We are going to purchase the dragon from Martha Dane for $400.
- Potential Author/Fall activities.
- Approved request for summer program funds. Story hour $375 and entertainment $125 for Nancy Sweeney. Children’s room
total is $500. The amount of kids in the program has increased.
- $76-100 available for young adults budget.
- Pat Vallaincourt wants to speak about her father and the Bataan Death March. She has two talks - at the Senior Center on
8/17 and Unity on the River on 9/11. We voted no; the market is too saturated.
Next meeting: Tuesday, July 19, 2016.
Meeting adjourned at 5:40 pm.